Boulderfist Heroes Forum Index Boulderfist Heroes
WoW Alliance Guild

Home PageHome Page   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

www.brewersfanproshop.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulderfist Heroes Forum Index -> Guild Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liny195

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: www.brewersfanproshop.com Reply with quote

PEORIA http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Hanley Ramirez had a low-key start to spring training with the Cleveland Indians.The 35-year-old flied out twice and grounded into a double play during Monday’s 8-0 loss to San Diego.“Slowly getting my timing back,” he said.Ramirez agreed to a minor league contract late last month. If added to the 40-man roster, he would get a $1 million salary while in the major leagues and the chance to earn performance bonuses.He hit fourth Monday as Cleveland’s designated hitter, batting once against starter Joey Lucchesi and twice against Matt Strahm, both left-handers.Ramirez hit .330 for Boston last April and .161 in May. He was hitless in 21 consecutive at-bats when the Red Sox designated him for assignment on May 25, when the team still owed him $15.25 million. He was released on June 1.Ramirez played winter ball for Tigres del Licey in the Dominican Republic, hitting .266 with three homers and 10 RBIs in 75 plate appearances over 18 games. Cleveland was willing to take a look at him.“I feel mentally refreshed,” Ramirez said. “Create a new approach. Just what you’re supposed to do and get ready. I’m just working on timing. It’s not the same in the cage. It feels good to get back.”If he makes the Indians’ big league roster, Ramirez’s role likely would be as a part-time DH.“Now I’ll go back and watch videos and see what we can do better,” he said. WASHINGTON (AP) — Evan Longoria and the rest of the San Francisco Giants came into their matchup against Stephen Strasburg with a grand total of 10 homers through their first 17 games — worse than all but one other team in the majors.The Giants also ranked 29th of 30 clubs in runs, with just 47, and in batting average, at only .199, a big reason their record has been below .500 all season. Last time out Glenn Robinson Jersey , in a shutout loss, they managed all of one hit, a single by Longoria.For one night, at least, and against Strasburg, no less, the Giants looked like a modern-day Murderers’ Row. Longoria, Brandon Belt and Steven Duggar homered off fastballs from the 2009 draft’s No. 1 overall pick, and the light-hitting Giants powered their way to a 7-3 victory over the Washington Nationals on Tuesday.“We had some good at-bats off a very, very tough pitcher,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. “It was good to see us break out.”Longoria led off the fifth with a shot to right-center off a 95 mph pitch. One out and one hard-hit single later, Duggar took a 92 mph offering just over the wall in left-center for a two-run drive that made it 3-1.Belt added a solo shot with one out in the sixth, putting a 94 mph first pitch into the home bullpen beyond right field for his fourth homer of 2019.Longoria, Duggar said Manny Pina Jersey , “definitely got us going. Hitting’s contagious and it feeds off each other.”Strasburg (1-1) allowed four runs in six innings.“The ball just ran back over the plate,” said Washington manager Dave Martinez, who was ejected after arguing with umpire Tony Randazzo when two Nationals players were called out on strikes to end the fifth.“He’s got good stuff,” Martinez said about Strasburg. “It’s just one or two little things happen and we get into these innings.”Still learning to pitch with a fastball that sits in the low-to-mid-90s, instead of the high-90s heat he possessed before Tommy John surgery and other ailments, Strasburg has served up five homers over his past two outings.He said he probably should “not just consistently start the guy off with heater, heater, heater, especially as the game goes on. So something to learn from, but not too concerned about it.”It all added up to San Francisco’s fourth win in five games.BACK IN TOWNGiants starter Dereck Rodriguez (2-2) gave up one run in five innings. He got help from catcher Buster Posey, who threw out a pair of would-be base-stealers at second. Rodriguez’s father is Hall of Famer and former Nationals catcher Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez, who caught Strasburg’s major league debut, a 14-strikeout performance 0n June 8, 2010. “I was in the clubhouse http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , watching it,” the younger Rodriguez said.TOSSEDMartinez’s account of what led to his ejection: “I was in the dugout. I said, ‘Hey, let’s go. You got to be better than that.’ I didn’t cuss. I didn’t say much other than, ‘Let’s go.’ And what really irritated me was him putting his hand up in my face, pretty much. So I can tolerate a lot of things. Don’t do that. … Him walking towards our dugout when I’m in the dugout — I hope the league looks at that.”TRAINER’S ROOMGiants: Bochy said OF/1B Tyler Austin (right elbow) should be able to avoid the injured list and maybe start in Thursday’s series finale. … Single-A San Jose C Joey Bart has a fractured left hand after getting hit by a pitch. Bochy said Bart could be out about 4 to 6 weeks.UP NEXTGiants RHP Jeff Samardzija (1-0, 1.62 ERA) has not fared well in his past half-dozen starts against the Nationals, going 0-6 with a 7.39 ERA. On Wednesday, he’ll face Washington RHP Jeremy Hellickson (1-0, 2.25).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulderfist Heroes Forum Index -> Guild Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: